When it became clear that COVID-19 was a dangerous disease worthy of the most stringent precautions, we closed the clinic in response like many others in the community.
Starting June 5, 2020, we are engaging in limited and phased reopening. The only way we are able to do that is by following the policies and procedures that we have spent the entire lockdown researching & developing. To learn more about scheduling, click this link.
We can keep everyone safe, and the clinic open, with your help.
All of us doing our part is necessary for our protocols to work to protect our team and the wider community, including you! Any questions, concerns or random rants about this should be directed at Eric Grey, co-owner and Director of Safety & Privacy at Watershed Wellness.
A summary of basic changes
A lot has changed for Watershed Wellness since March 2020. Here's the most important information in summary.
- We now have just one clinic space. We occupy the majority of the south wing of the 3rd floor of the Port of Astoria building West of the marina in the West Mooring Basin. 10 Pier 1 Suite #308. We were forced to give up our downtown location due to the COVID-19 closures.
- This means we no longer offer yoga and other movement practices as part of WW. We will be revisiting this as the COVID-19 situation changes. If in-person group classes become safer, who knows what is possible?
- Rowan Everard was scheduled to wrap up his WW tenure right as the COVID-19 crisis took hold. Thus, we were never able to give him a proper send-off. Rowan is no longer with the clinic, instead focusing on his Portland practice.
- We added a new LMT to the clinic, Alex Adams. She will be available for appointments just as soon as massage is possible.
- We were closed for 3 months and made a number of big structural and esthetic changes to the space. We also developed extensive policies and procedures, including some beyond COVID-19, intended to make our space safer, more secure, and more pleasant for both practitioners and patients.
COVID-19 related changes and your role in keeping WW healthy & open
The information in this section is extremely important for you to go through at least once, whether you are new to Watershed Wellness or not. If you get confused, do not hesitate to reach out to ask for help. We're all feeling our way forward as well as we can!
We need you to sign a new office policies form before treatment
The best way to do this is by accessing your confirmation email, or one of your appointment reminders, and pressing the green “Manage My Appointment” button. This process will not work appropriately on a mobile device, so please use only a laptop or desktop computer. You may be prompted to add or update some of your demographic or contact information. We apologize for this part – we cannot change the questions or their wording. Please continue until you reach the new office policies form, which you can then virtually consent to using the button on the screen.
We are implementing a new screening process including a secure online form and no-contact temperature checking at the door.
See further down on this page for more information. And you may access the screening form by clicking this link. (Must be done within the 24 hour period before your appointment).
We ask that you arrive as close to treatment time as possible.
We want to minimize use of the waiting room. If you arrive early, please wait in your car or find a beautiful outdoor spot to watch the sights as you wait. Then come up the elevator or stairs to the clinic a couple of minutes before your appointment.
We ask that you do not bring other people with you to your treatment.
If you have a need for someone to accompany you, please discuss it with the front desk well in advance of your appointment. For pediatric treatments, it is assumed one guardian will accompany the minor child.
Please wear a face covering over nose and mouth from the time you enter our building until you leave it.
If you do not have a mask, a surgical mask will be provided to you and you may take it with you when finished with your appointment. It is expected you will have to remove your face covering at some point during the treatment, but please do not do so until instructed by your practitioner.
Practitioners will be masked and wearing lab coats.
They may don goggles, face shields, additional body protection and/or gloves based on their judgment of the situation.
We ask that you sanitize your hands on entry to the clinic.
You are invited to use the ample supply of hand sanitizer throughout the clinic to keep your hands clean. Please, as always, refrain from touching your face.
On checking out, we will be minimizing face time by keeping rescheduling conversations to no more than 2 minutes.
If a longer conversation is needed in order to work out sticky scheduling or insurance issues, reception will call you at a time you will arrange during check-out.
We strongly prefer credit/debit card payment for all services and products.
We are implementing a system whereby we can save your credit card information securely using industry standard protections in our patient management system. This means we swipe your card once, and don't have to do so again until you need to change your card. Please bring a credit or debit card with you! If you must use cash or check, we will still accept these forms of payment.
In general, we will be needing to keep in-person conversations to a minimum.
This is the hardest part for us, but face-to-face talking and laughing, even with masks, is a relatively high risk activity indoors. We love talking to our patients, learning about their lives and thoughts, but in order to stay open we must be as careful as possible. We hope you understand.
More about screening & access to the screening form
It is really important you do not come to an appointment with symptoms normally associated with COVID-19. Most importantly: body temperature elevation above 100 degrees, serious dry cough, recent loss of smell or taste and shortness of breath.
This is the most important thing you can do to help keep our practitioners safe and ensure the clinic can stay open. If you need to cancel an appointment at the last minute, we will not be charging late appointment fees for the duration of the COVID-19 pandemic.
To assist with detection we will be implementing two screening methods:
- Your temperature will be taken using a contact-free forehead thermometer. If your temperature is at or above 100 degrees, we will ask you to head home and offer you telehealth appointments instead. This process will take place every time you enter the clinic, even if you claim to have checked your temperature in the morning. We will keep the information stored along with all of your other secure patient information.
- You must complete the following form within 24 hours of your appointment. Link to screening form. It is very simple and done entirely online. It is secure, and the information is stored along with all of your other secure patient information. We cannot allow access beyond the front door of our main suite. If you arrive without the form, you will have to complete it in the hallway.
Our PPE & sanitation protocols
If you would like to learn more about what we are doing to limit transmission of coronavirus, and all other infectious pathogens, in our clinic, please visit the following page to learn all the details.
Some of these changes are likely to remain no matter what happens with the COVID-19 situation. In fact, learning more about infectious disease transmission and consequences has made us realize where our procedures needed tightening even without the pandemic.
That said, we certainly hope that at some point we will feel comfortable working without masks and uniforms, and be able to engage in more extensive conversation with our patients during treatment. We will keep monitoring the situation and adjusting our policies as needed.