Welcome to yoga! Have you been curious about yoga and been wondering what it's all about? Have you had a desk job for years and feeling the effects from sitting all day in your body? Do you feel like you need some movement in your life, but you aren't sure where to start, or need to ease your way in?
This class is for you if:
- You've never taken a yoga class before
- You've had a recent injury and want to ease back into your practice
- You are curious about re-learning the basics in an informed, supportive and non-judgmental environment
- You like a slower pace of movement
This is a movement and breath-centered class that will incorporate fun and often challenging flows. If you're stepping up from a beginning level class, we'll offer accessible options based on where you are with your practice. If you've been practicing for awhile and are looking for a challenge, we'll let you know where you can up-level to find that challenge.
Our Vinyasa classes:
- Explore how to make strong transitions from one pose to another
- Introduce poses that are a little more complex and ask more of the body
- Prepare your body for more challenging poses with smart sequencing of poses
- Provide a safe space to explore, challenge, and have fun
Power Yoga/Power Vinyasa
Our power flow class is a fitness based class geared toward increasing stamina, strength and flexibility. A faster paced, vinyasa (flow) style class that synchronizes breath with movement.
These classes are for you if:
- You like a faster paced class
- You have some familiarity with yoga and are looking to challenge yourself
- You don't mind getting a little sweaty
- You are looking to build strength and flexibility.
Slow Flow Yoga
An all levels class that explores movement coupled with breath. We'll start with some intentional movement with the breath and wind our way down toward more restorative postures. It really is a perfect mix.
This class is for you if:
- you like a slower paced movement flow with the breath
- you like a mix of movement and rest in your yoga class
Qigong is a type of moving meditation that focuses on clearing energetic blockages in our body and gaining clarity in our minds. This class is great for anyone who enjoys conscious movement. And especially great for those who are interested in Chinese medicine and/or martial arts practices. Traditionally, the aim of qigong is for cultivation, health and longevity.
Benefits of qigong include:
- Decreasing pain
- Unwinding physical patterns/trauma
- Enhancing Balance & Core Strength
- Improving Immune function
We will explore shaking forms, standing forms, walking meditations and chanting. You do not need to know anything about qigong in order to come give it a try- our classes are designed to meet you as an individual wherever you are, and to support you in achieving your goals of wellness. Come join us in exploring the wonders of the Jinjing Qigong practice!
“The more relaxed you are, the more flexible you will be.”Just be floppy and totally relaxed.” These are frequent sentences used in this deepening class.
The Tri-Dosha class begins with a standing series of postures that helps develop skeletal alignment and warms up the body. We then flow into a lying down gentle series. where we will do a yoga posture while training the body to relax, and then we flow into savasana(corpse pose), and we continue that pattern. The sequence and postures are the same every week, with your eyes closed, to be able to deeply drop into the rhythm of this beautiful practice.
This class is for you if you want to learn how:
- Be centered in the present moment
- Reestablish balance and ease in your system
- To really relax in your body and mind, even in tension
- Expand your lung capacity
- Increase your flexibility and strength without pushing
- Be able to drop deeper(be in meditation) while in a posture
- Connect to your wholeness
- Cultivate acceptance and drop competition.
- This class is for beginners to advanced practitioners, as it meets you wherever you are at on your journey.
- Improving sleep
- Reducing stress
- Reducing low back pain
- Strengthening muscles needed for childbirth
- you are looking to quiet your mind
- you want to be able to sit more comfortably on the floor
- you want a quieter, more meditative class
**This class offers live music in the form of singing bowls!
This class is great for anyone who is looking to relax. The postures are held for a minimum of five minutes, there can be as few as four poses throughout the class, and props are used to support the body, not muscles. The props allow the body, and the mind, to naturally open and relax to release tension. The only thing a yoga practitioner should be concerned with during Restorative Yoga is completely melting into the poses and props.
This class is for you if:
- you are any level of yoga practitioner
- you are looking to relax your body and mind
- you are looking for a quieter and more nurturing class and are wanting a sense of peace and calm
Guided Meditation and Yoga Nidra
Meditation helps us to be mentally clear and grounded by quieting the chatter of mind. In this lead practice we will explore some basic techniques to aid in slowing down to allow for more spaciousness and compassion so we can live a healthier, happier life.
Benefits of meditation:
- Lessens stress and anxiety
- Promotes emotional health and self-awareness
- Improves sleep
- Lowers blood pressure
- Increases your sense of connectedness and empathy
- Improves creativity, memory, and ability to make decisions
Yoga Nidra is a deep state of consciousness between waking and sleeping. Led through verbal instruction, this meditation will assist you to subconsciously journey to a space where you can clear your samskaras, the mental imprints that develop into karma. This deeply relaxation meditation practice is accessible to anyone.
/?php // If comments are open or we have at least one comment, load up the comment template //if ( comments_open() || '0' != get_comments_number() ) : // comments_template(); //endif; //?>