My vision is for every family to have access to safe, natural and truly holistic healthcare
I grew up in the Great Pacific Northwest and spent a good portion of my childhood exploring the Oregon Coast. I have a special love for our ocean and find myself drawn to its powerful and healing waters almost daily, whether surfing, sailing, or splashing along the shore with my young daughter. I have a strong connection with nature and find simple things such as time spent outside, movement, a healthy diet, good relationships and lots of rest to be the best medicine.
I knew that I wanted to become an acupuncturist after traveling and working abroad for many years, during which I came to understand the great need for alternative ways of healing our people and Earth. Classical Chinese Medicine is a profound science of wellbeing based upon observing the seasons and cycles of nature in order to bring harmony to the human body. I believe that Chinese Medicine can help anyone, whether it be the first nudge in your healing journey, or perhaps finding relief from years of ‘incurable’ health issues due to energetic and physical imbalances.
What kind of Medicine do I practice?
Classical Chinese Medicine includes pulse diagnosis, herbal therapy, acupuncture, dietary therapy, sound healing, and exercises in breathing and movement. Several of these tools may be employed in the course of treatment. I explore with my patients the root causes of their ‘dis-ease’ which often can include the uncovering of an emotional connection. You are the guide in your own healing journey and I will be there to support you along each step of the way.
I have been trained in Japanese Meridian Therapy which is a type of gentle acupuncture especially beneficial for children, sensitive people or people who are particularly sick or weak. I also enjoy using bodywork such as Cranial Sacral Therapy and Sotai as well as non-insertive metal acupuncture tools to help open the energetic channels of the body.
Through my own journey of becoming a mother, I realized how powerful and healing the modalities of East Asian medicine can be for the childbearing year. I also discovered my own passion for pregnancy, birth and babies and have begun to study to become a licensed midwife. Currently I am taking classes in midwifery and work with local midwives. Receiving regular acupuncture and Chinese herbs during pregnancy can offer great relief from the common changes that an individual experiences during this time such as lower back and hip pain, nausea, fatigue, headaches and insomnia. Additionally, acupuncture can be a wonderful tool leading up to and during childbirth to help parent and baby have a smooth entrance into the world.
I could not be happier to call the North Oregon coast my home and to offer Chinese Medicine to my community here in Astoria. I look forward to knowing you!
- Currently studying to become a Certified Practicing Midwife, Midwives College of Utah (Distance Learning Program)
- Doctoral of Science in Oriental Medicine, National University of Natural Medicine
- Bachelor of Science, University of New Hampshire
- Japanese Meridian Therapy Mentorship – Bob Quinn & Daniel Silver, NUNM, 2016-2018
- Chinese Medicine Pediatrics Club, NUNM, 2016-2018
- Daishi Shonihari (Japanese Pediatrics) – Junko Shuto, LAc, TJM Seminars, 2017
- Shen Hammer Pulse with Acupuncture Seminar – Brandt Stickley, 2018
- Shen Hammer Pulse Course – Stephen Higgins, 2015-2018
- Shen Hammer Introductory Pulse Seminar – Brandt Stickley, 2014
- Midwifery Apprenticeship, Mary Grabowska, 2018
- Midwifery Apprenticeship, Jennifer Childress, currently
- Craniosacral Therapy: Level II – Moving Mountain Institute, 2018
- Craniosacral Therapy: Level I – Moving Mountain Institute, 2014
- Eagle’s Wing Intuitive Healing Mentorship – Shayne Case, 2016-2017
- Healing Trauma: Gemstones & Meditation Course – Shayne Case, 2015
- Express Yourself: Flower Essences Course – Shayne Case, 2015
- Self-Care Training: Level I – Trudy Zimmerly, Arvigo® Institute, 2015
- Vipassana Meditation Course – Cali, Colombia, 2015
Hilly is currently credentialed/in-network with the following insurance companies:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield, Regence
- Motor Vehicle Accident Claims/PIP claims
- United Healthcare